Please excuse the mess-- construction underway!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Fun without Naps,Rocks!

I really liked having the sand box on the porch for the ease of monitoring the boys' activities. But I really did not like all the sand getting walked into the house. So this week the sand was replaced with pea gravel. They like it just as well as sand and I like it because now I don't have sand on the bottom of my feet! The rock box will work as the weather gets cooler too. Unfortunately, the water table only works while it is warm. The twins have spent at least a hour playing on their water table everyday. But fear not I have one more idea that will work in any weather. To be posted soon.

3 comments:

Erin said...

What a GREAT idea! I, too, hate sand everywhere, so we've never even gotten a sandbox. But gravel is an awesome alternative!

The Roses said...

I was going to say the same thing Erin said. Good thinking "outside of the box", Sherri.

Meggan said...

Yeah, great idea!