Please excuse the mess-- construction underway!

Monday, November 30, 2009

1st Annual Christmas Gift Camp

Maybe I am crazy. I apparently don't think the holidays are busy enough. So we decided to do a two day camp for kids ages 5-8. Today was the first day.The participants made two gifts to give, had a devotional, and had a Holiday themed lunch and craft dessert (marshmallow snowmen). The girls were in charge and I watched the boys and was here for moral support.



Here was our holiday themed lunch. Cream cheese and turkey roll-ups with green tortillas and pepper ornaments. The marshmallow snow men disappeared before we could get a picture. Yum!


Christmas Gift #1 Holiday Stationary


Christmas Gift #2 Bees Wax Rolled Candles

We had a great time planning and executing our idea. The fact that I can't micromanage due to my duties with the little guys has been very good for the girls. (and for me) They will never learn if I don't let go. Stay tuned for next weeks episode of Christmas Gift Camp.

p.s. Yes, I am counting this as a day of school.

3 comments:

The Roses said...

What a neat thing you are doing!

Meggan said...

Sounds really cool! Why can't adults have camps too?!

Paul Spillers said...

It may be none of my beeswax, but I'd like to know more about that candle making idea sometime.