Please excuse the mess-- construction underway!

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sam and Joe Climb Stone Mountain

Sam and Joe at the Summit

We decided to take a trip to Stone Mountain today and climb the mountain. We were prepared to carry Sam and Joe at least half the time. But the little guys surprised us and climbed almost the whole way up and down. I have been having trouble lately getting them to take a nap. I was thinking that if they were more tired they might go down a little more easily. My idea was to try and wear them out. They didn't even fall asleep on the way home. Maybe they are out growing their naps! Help!

4 comments:

Meggan said...

Oh no! Playing in the pool a couple of hours usually tired me out when I was young, and still does. I don't know, maybe if they don't have a nap, they'll sleep longer at night.

The Roses said...

Their hats look so cute. Glad they made it without a fall. Sorry I don't have any nap ideas.

The Shadburn Family said...

What great troopers! I'm all for the wear-them-out method.

Andrew took naps into age 4 (hehehe- it was a bit for me, too). We changed the name of it from nap time to QT (quiet time) so it took on a different connotation. He usually slept after saying he wouldn't. But the only rule was he had to stay in his room, on his bed (conducive to sleep) for at least 1 hour. I will say, though, that he went to bed later than most kids.

M said...

That picture is really cute! :-)