Please excuse the mess-- construction underway!
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Herbs: Sage
We grow sage in a couple of pots on our patio. It is very easy to grow and is an annual which means it comes back by itself every year. I use sage quite often in my cooking and buying it at the store has become quite expensive. But I have finally managed to figure out a way to dry and process it that is quick and easy.
I harvest the leaves once a week, always cutting the outer leaves and leaving the smaller inner ones.
Before trimming
After Trimming
Next I place the leaves in a brown paper lunch sack in the garage(any warm dark place will do) until they are crispy. Finally I use my coffee grinder to chop the leaves and stems in tiny pieces. Ta! da! Rubbed Sage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment